Restaurant Server/Bartender job description
We are looking for a skilled and friendly Restaurant Server/Bartender to join our team! This position plays a big role for creating and providing best customer experience and satisfaction.
Your ultimate goal should be to provide an exceptional guest experience.
Restaurant Server duties and responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer services
- Take food and drink orders from customers accurately and with a positive attitude.
- Greet customers and present menus. Make suggestions based on their preferences, up-sell.
- Enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff and communicate any special instructions to kitchen.
- Engage with customers in a friendly manner.
- Knowledge of the menu, with the ability to make suggestions.
- Ensure tables are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Arrange table settings
- Keep tables clean and tidy at all times
- Keep bar clean and tidy at all times
- Deliver checks and collect payments
- Cooperate and communicate with all serving and kitchen staff
- Adhere to all relevant health department rules/regulations and all customer service guideline
- Additional duties for Bartender:
- Prepare all alchoholic beverages according to drink tickets received from wait staff.
- Operate cash register, maintain cash drawer for dining room/bar.
Restaurant Server requirements and qualifications
- 2 years of experience providing excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- 1 year bartending preferred but will train the right individual with server experience.
- A positive attitude and ability work well under pressure with cooks, expo, and other team members
- Able to perform high-quality work while unsupervised.
- Able to handle money accurately and operate a point-of-sale system.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment and deliver orders in a timely manner.
- Experience with developing constructive working and interpersonal relationships with colleagues and customers
- You must be a Team player
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Financial Accountability
- Active listening
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred; food safety training will be considered a plus.